Oklahoma Jump$tart Member Meetings
Next Meeting: June 28
Taking the taboo out of money talk: A counselor’s perspective on getting clients to talk about money
As financial educators and counselors, we may be comfortable with talking about finances – but are our clients comfortable with money talk?
Register now for the June member meeting to hear from Monica Smothers with Consumer Credit Counseling to learn how to have effective conversations about personal finances from a counseling perspective. Monica will share pitfalls to avoid when talking about money with clients and share tips that help deter assumptions about what others know or feel about money.
June 28 | Credit Union House | 631 E. Hill Street | Oklahoma City, OK 73105 | 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting Money (April 2017)
- Incorporating Financial Wellness Into Employee Wellness Programs (Oct. 2016)
- From Financial Literacy to Financial Capability: The latest from Filene Research Institute on the Financial Capability of Women, Pre-Retirees, Highly Educated Hispanics and Gen Y (Aug. 2016)
- Bankruptcy: Standard 13 of Oklahoma’s Passport to Financial Literacy (June 2016)
- Raising the Grade on Financial Education in Oklahoma (April 2016)
- How Oklahoma’s Financial Education Mandate Affects the Credit Behaviors of Young Adults (Feb. 2016)